I awoke this morning and for some reason a song was in my head “You’re the Reason God Made Oklahoma.” I sang it to myself and then I pulled it up on YouTube and had a listen. And of course I cried. I have a very strong memory of lying on the bed in my parents’ red bedroom next to my dad as he played that song. I loved it then and I love it still. This morning I listened to that song probably 13 times repeatedly.
It began to wash over me how much I love duets. Two beautiful voices singing together, at the same time relying on one another. Here’s a list of my favorites. I was going to list 10, but I could only think of nine.
9. Loretta Lynn & Johnny Cash—-Jackson
8. Seven Spanish Angels—Willie Nelson & Ray Charles
7. Whiskey Lullaby—Allison Kraus & Brad Paisley
6. Meet Me In Montana—-Marie Osmond & Dan Seals
5. Close My Eyes Forever—-Lita Ford & Ozzy Osbourne
4. I Got You Babe—Sonny & Cher
3. You’re the Reason Our Kids are Ugly—Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn
2. Picture—Kid Rock & Sheryl Crow
1. You’re the Reason God Made Oklahoma—David Frizzell & Shelly West
What would you add?