This is EK’s Easter dress that I finished today.
That is, if “finished” means taking 2 safety pins and pinning up the neck where it was too big.
No, you don’t need to tell me that Easter was yesterday.
Or that she didn’t wear it to church because
1) it wasn’t finished
2) we didn’t go to church.
Anyway, I’m super proud of this dress, even though it lacks perfection or completion for that matter. My mother would be proud too that I even lined up the chevron stripes on the sides. It is a pattern I bought from adelaideoriginal.com She has the cutest dresses that she makes, but at nearly $50 a pop, I just can’t do that. But she did release a pattern for one of her dresses so I snatched it up.
I am a very beginner sewer and this did involve a technique I’d never tried before, so it was a bit frustrational on my part.
It has an extra long hem, and the way the neck and sleeves fit, I think she’ll be able to wear it for a few years. So that makes me happy. And I had fun! My sister gave me the material and it was exciting watching it come together and picking the color and designing the flower on the sash.
It’s perfect for Spring and hopefully she’ll get to wear it out soon, without the safety pins in the neckline!!