I’m such a slacker and I make myself so mad when I don’t blog regularly. My thoughts and words are a bumbling rambling mess in my head which means the best approach to empty out is with a list.
- Today is the first official day of summer. Here in Ruidoso, the weather is a dream come true to us. We don’t even have air conditioning in our house and the highs are in the 80’s right now. It gets a bit warm in the afternoon but not unbearable. Especially if you’re laying around, which is pretty much what I do. Despite the cooler temps, I still hate cooking in summer. Blah! Heck, I hate cooking in winter, spring, and fall too. Who am I kidding.
- My baby is a week away from 17 months old. It doesn’t seem possible. We did a practice run at potty training the other day, and well, let’s just say we need a lot more practice. Within 45 minutes, we’d been through 5 pairs of training panties and a pair of sheets. Laundry, laundry, laundry.
- I lost a chicken the other day. Another mystery in the art of poultry ranching. My last black chicken was lying dead in the yard. It could’ve been the dogs, but they’ve lived with the chickens for more than 2 years without killing one. It could’ve been another chicken, it could’ve been a stroke. It remains unexplainable. Nevertheless, I’m down to only 4 chickens but still plenty of eggs and noone to give them too. You may be hearing me describe all the ways I can prepare eggs soon: fried eggs, scrambled eggs, poached eggs, boiled eggs…..
- EK talks like nobody’s business. It’s not always decipherable by most, but me and daddy have it down pretty good. Yesterday she woke up from her nap. I asked her if she’d like a snack. She ran to the pantry and said “m&m’s, chocolate, donuts” in that order. No worries that we’re raising a health nut here.
- I’ve had a lot of people tell me over the years that I should write a book. That is such a huge undertaking, but not out of the question. I’d love to, but I’m not there yet. So, I’ve taken a direction with my writing that comes as a bit of a surprise as I’ve been hired to write a little romance novella. I’m actually going to get paid a small pence. Haha! It’s a bit ironic as I have as much romance in me as a white boy’s got dance moves, but with a little help from wine, I’m hoping to unleash my inner love starved heroine.
- egg florentine, egg drop soup…….
- We’ve finally found a church here that we’re enjoying and meeting new people. I think the hardest part of moving is losing the familiarity of people. But all in good time, all in good time.
- J-Dub and I had an anniversary this month. We celebrated 8 wonderful years and one really bad one. Nah, I’m just kidding. It’s not an easy thing, but it’s a good thing. I hope to grow old with him and watch our grandchildren play in our front yard, feeling satisfied that we did our best.
- egg custard, eggs benedict, egg salad…..
- I’m currently reading 4 books, yes 4. What the heck is wrong with me? I’ve got a romance, because obviously I need some research in that department. A book club book by Jodi Picoult, and Remember Ben Clayton. Also Captivating another book club discussion. So many books, so little time.
- Currently I’m in love with a rack of dresses at Walmart. Economically priced at $9.94 and in a myriad of colors, I am the proud owner of 3 so far. I’m not usually a dress person, but you know what? These don’t bind me up. They flow, they’re loose, and airy. It’s almost like wearing a gown all day and who can go wrong with that.
- Life is good. It really is. I’m happy in this season of my life. God is good to me, and His love is indescribable. Sometimes I’m filled with so much love, I don’t know what to do. I only hope that it overflows out of me and splashes onto others a little.
I enjoyed writing this little love letter to you, but supper doesn’t stop because it’s summer.
So I’m off to cook steak.